Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour depending on experience; salary is available for applicable candidates.
· Health-Dental-Vision Benefits after 90 days
· 401k Plan after 90 days
· Year round work
· 4 day schedule in summer months
· Minimal weekends
Reports to: Business Owner
Summary: The Landscape Crew Leader is responsible for all on-site aspect of the landscape project.
Rodgers Scapes Inc. A landscape construction company Located just outside of Pittsburgh is looking for a Landscape Crew Leader. We have built a solid reputation over the last eight years, and our business is continuing to grow. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can manage up to a crew of 4, responsible for installing a beautiful landscape.
Typical projects include high-end residential and commercial. We offer an excellent opportunity to further your career while working on some of the Pittsburgh area’s finest projects. As a new hire, you will receive training to further your expertise in all facets of the landscape install industry. In return, we are offering a very competitive wage as well as excellent benefits.
If you think you have what it takes and describe yourself as a dedicated, genuine, and knowledgeable individual. We look forward to talking with you.
· Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
· Ensures that the crews are sufficiently supplied with all materials needed
· Manage crew responsibilities as they progress through the assigned project
· Assist in the preparation of job sites before the beginning of a project
· Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to 4 employees
· Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
· Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas · · Ensure that all work activities are carried out safely and efficiently and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
· Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on job sites
· Employee Training
· Operate various tools and equipment, including heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
· Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis · · · · Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities.
· Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
· Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
· Responsible for turning in all receipts daily
· Makes sure all installations are being installed to standard's
· On-site point of contact for the client
· Keeps a positive working relationship with the client
· Preferred 3 years experience in the landscape/construction industry
· 2 years experience leading teams/crews
· Valid PA Drivers license
· Able to lift 82 Pounds
· High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
· Occasional Weekends required
· Snow removal & maintenance during winter months
· Practical communication skills (both written and verbal)