Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25k-30k Salary +Commission+Full Benefits
· Health-Dental-Vision Benefits after 90 days
· 401k Plan after 90 days
· Year-round work
· Flexible Schedule
· Minimal weekends
Reports to: Business Owner
Summary: The Landscape Designer and Sales Manager is responsible for leading prospective clients towards creating the
outdoor landscape of their dreams.
Rodgers Scapes Inc. A landscape construction company Located just outside of Pittsburgh PA, is looking for a Landscape
Designer and Sales Manager. We have built a solid reputation over the last ten years, and our business is continuing to grow. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can take our
prospective clients through the entire sales cycle.
This position will be the lead point of contact for all new and existing hardscaping projects. They will typically work
with clients to design their custom projects. In this position, you will need to handle the inbound and outbound lead generation, networking, and customer stewardship. As well as project design
including preparation of drawings, plans, cost estimates, and coordinating with project managers.
If you think you have what it takes and describe yourself as a dedicated, genuine, and knowledgeable individual. We look
forward to talking with you.
· Sales Generation
- Develop relationships with existing and potential clients to develop sales leads.
- Joins and participates in extra-curricular activities and professional networking groups that
promote Rodgers Scapes Inc.
- Attend trade shows and home shows to promote Rodgers Scapes Inc.
- Generate new sales leads.
- Maintain relationships with previous clients by means of phone and email communication.
· Sales Management
- Meet and conduct initial interviews with prospective clients to identify needs and project
- Perform a detailed site analysis for prospective jobs.
- Create Landscapes that meet client goals and objectives.
- Create estimates based on company policies and standards.
- Ensure all job notes are accurately prepared in the estimate.
- Create contracts for proposals
· Project Design
- Create custom project designs including:
- Drawing of project
- Placement of shrubs, plants, structural elements, etc.
· Project Management
- Maintains excellent communication with clients throughout the project.
- Communicates with Team Leaders and reviews jobs as needed, including job site visits, to ensure the
client’s expectations are met.
- Follow company procedures and/or attend production meetings to convey updated information to the
production team regarding add-ons, change orders, etc.
- Visits job site and meet with the clients during the project to ensure client satisfaction and
expectations are being met.
- Coordinates with subcontractors as required to create a positive experience for clients.
· Customer Stewardship
- Follows up with client post-sale to do a walk-through of the job to ensure the client is
- Perform warranty follow-ups.
· Administrative Responsibilities
- Utilizes Company CRM (LMN) software to log all activity with prospects and clients.
- Follow company protocol on lead tracking, client management, and project management.
- Create/update job folders for each job.
- Maintain shared calendar
- Must have the ability to communicate, gain trust and develop relationships with prospects, clients,
team members, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Must display a passion for landscaping and a sense of enthusiasm that can be conveyed to potential
- Flexibility and willingness to grow with a growing company.
- Help with additional items as needed.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture, Construction Management, related field, or 5 years landscape
design/ sales experience.
- 2 years experience with design/drawing skills including computer-aided drafting (WILLING TO WORK
WITH CANDIDATE ON PREFERRED CAD SYSTEM)
- Valid PA Drivers license
- Able to lift 82 Pounds
- Willing to work occasional weekends
- Practical communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Creativity, imagination, and enthusiasm for design
- Practical Out Look
- Hardscape, Landscape, and construction knowledge
- A passion for making clients dreams come true
- A desire to be a part of a community, not just a company.